Preserve your memories... in style!
Childhood memories, tales going back over generations, milestones in your life... In these days of fleeting text and email, it's all too easy for the threads that lead back to your past to be broken and lost forever.
Family Stories Premium books are the perfect quality showcase to record your generations, milestones and memories. Premium books have all the features of Silver books, plus the extra style and luxe to really showcase your story in great style.
Premium books are superior quality, individually designed hardback books with more pages and more features than Silver books:
- How fascinating for future generations to know your voice, your expressions, your smile, your character. That's why the Family Stories Premium books come with a full 30 minute DVD of your recorded memories, bringing your family story to life in a uniquely personal way.
- 56 full colour pages. More stories, more pictures, more memories!
- Six books - that's three extra books to share with the people who matter.
- Your own colour scheme and choice of front cover.
- Your dedication at the front of the book.
- Your family tree from your own research, and a montage of your favourite pictures.
- Deluxe presentation box and ribbon page marker.
- Our Workbook and interview show you exactly how to structure your story.
- All the technical work done for your approval: writing, designing, printing.
How it works
You have the story, we have the experience! At Family Stories we make it easy for you:
- You contact us for an informal chat about what you want for your family stories.
- We agree on what's going to work best for you and give you an idea of timescale for your book.
- You sign your Family Stories contract.
- You receive your Family Stories Notebook packed with ideas to inspire your memories and with space to jot down some notes if you wish.
- Your one-to-one interview usually takes place in your home and you have our undivided attention for up to five hours, so we can get a good insight into your story.
- We record your interview and write it from your own words.
- A DVD of selections from your interview is included in each of your Family Stories Premium books. Your loved ones and future generations will treasure this 30 minute film of you telling your story.
- You supply up to 160 pictures, including pictures of mementoes (for example, a piece of significant jewellery, a theatre programme, a book) for inclusion in your individually designed Family Stories book.
- You choose how many books you would like to share with your family and friends. Six books are included in your Premium book package, but you may order as many as you like for a great value additional cost per book.
- We agree on the shape and content of your story.
- When you're happy, we supply a draft of the words for you to read carefully and check. At this stage, you may make minor amendments at no additional cost.
- We help you choose a colour scheme for your book, we liaise with our designer, and supply you with page proofs so that you can see exactly how gorgeous your book is going to be. Any form of rewriting or amendments are chargeable at this stage. Errors on our part are, of course, corrected without charge.
- We supply you with final proofs. Again, to be read very carefully.
- We liaise with our printer and arrange for your chosen number of books to be printed.
- You waylay the postman, grab your parcel, and start sharing your beautiful hardback Family Stories Premium books with the people who matter most in the world!
Your family stories are invaluable because they're future generations' connection to your shared past. They bring you and your own past alive, and Premium books, with your 30 minute DVD, do it in real style!
We have worked very hard to bring you top quality writing, design and print and make it affordable. You'll be investing £2,575 in writing, designing and printing your six Family Stories Premium books. Payments are made in three easy stages, and your Family Stories contract contains all this information.
Got lots of people who want to share your family stories? Easy! Simply choose how many copies you'd like to buy and let us know. We'll do the rest.
Updating your book
Life moves on - that's why it's so important to record what went before. If you'd like to update your Family Stories book to record the changes in your life, it's easy. Let us know what you have in mind and we'll give you a quote for reprinting your books with the additional material.
Talk to us!
Contact us by email or phone for an informal chat about preserving your family stories.
Call Elizabeth Aldridge on 01473 214853