How it works
You have the stories, we have the expertise. At Family Stories we make it easy for you:
- We start with an informal chat about your story and how we can help you.
- In a series of interviews you’ll tell us your stories. We’ll meet face to face if we can; otherwise we’ll talk by video-call or on the phone, whichever you prefer.
- We’ll write your story from your own words. We’ll ask you to review the draft and make comments. When you are completely satisfied with the text we will continue with the next stage.
- We’ll add your pictures. These can include photographs of mementoes (for example a theatre programme, a letter or a piece of significant jewellery).
- We’ll design the pages and cover. We’ll ask you to check everything and make sure it is exactly as you want your book to be.
- You’ll confirm the number of copies you would like and we’ll arrange for your books to be printed.
- We’ll deliver the parcel to your door and you’ll start sharing your beautiful heirloom books with the people who matter most in the world!
Interviews usually take place in your home and you'll have our undivided attention for two to three hours. The whole process of creating your book usually takes around fifteen weeks. Bronze Books may be completed in up to ten weeks.
I am a professional writer myself and I was very impressed with the quality of the Family Stories writing: it made the stories come alive.
Whether it's the story of your life, your business, your work, your family, your hobbies or passions - or the story of your mum or your grandad - Family Stories helps you tell your story so that others want to read it!